Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Back From The Swirling Maelstrom

Or life, as the less dramatic of us are wont to call it. Yes, I am back.

I have my full manuscript winging its way to Toronto today ... along with, bless Harlequin's lovely heart, my contract, signed and initialed, and sealed with a kiss -- well, a prayer.

I could use the money -- for the second month in a row, one of our felines has landed in the animal hospital. And for the second month in a row, Kate wound up at the doctor's office. Neither was inexpensive!

The kitten is on the mend, and Kate, after two days out of school with Strep throat, is thrilled to be back in class. Says a bunch about my ability to entertain sick kids, huh?

So how do the rest of you guys (if there's anyone else here) celebrate finishing a big project and moving it off your desk?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chocolate and a nice glass of wine usually works for me! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle! Congratulations! I don't know if I have any usual way yet of celebrating - but with the last one, I took a week or so off and then dove into plotting the next one with lots of chocolate! I'd like to start treating myself to a movie or something I think. Sounds like fun to me.