Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sometimes I can be a dummy

I am blushing. Out of a mix of embarrassed pleasure and embarrassed, er, embarrassment. That's a lot of high color in an otherwise pale as raw-bread-dough face. It's all because three fellow bloggers have awarded me something recently.

The embarrassed pleasure comes from fellow bloggers Julie Musil and Al at Publish or Perish

Julie, whose blog is just great, gave me the Honest Scrap Award, which looks very pretty and antique-y. I'm not sure of the rules of receiving such an award, so I sure hope someone can fill me in!


Al gave me the Happiness 101 Award -- very pretty, too!

I like Al's blog a lot because of the fabulous pix he always shares. I know I'm supposed to share ten things that are supposed to make me happy -- that comes tomorrow.

The embarrassed embarrassment is due to my overlooking Amanda Kaye Hooper's mom's kind award of a Magical Mention. I garnered the award because to a comment I made on Amanda's terrific blog (seems like I commented another lifetime ago) about Walt Disney World. I had no idea I'd win, so I just sort of assumed I didn't.

To make matters worse, I've been on a blogging diet due to a time deficiency (lead up to The Kiddo's Birthday, Father's Day, & then an exploding dishwasher will kinda sorta do that to you.) There were a couple of days I wasn't faithful about checking back on all my comments. Yikes! I will, pinky swear, from now on!

Anyway, these folks are terrific bloggers, all worthy of your time, all having neat things to share. Follow them one and all! They won't disappoint!

5 comments:

kah said...

To make matters even worse, it's Karen Amanda Hooper. And I go by Karen, not Amanda. But that's okay. You were close. lol. ;)

Congrats on all the awards!

Linda G. said...

Don't feel bad--there are so many wonderful blogs out there it'd be impossible to keep up with them all, even if that were the only thing you ever did. I just do what I can, and count on serendipity to lead me to the ones I should pay attention to on any given day.

Julie Musil said...

Cynthia, you deserve it. As for rules that go with that award, I have no idea. We'll just create our own rule, which is to just enjoy it!

Elizabeth Ryann said...

Congrats!

Look at you, winning even more stuff! :)

Unknown said...

The awards are well deserved girl, because you rock!!!

It's hard to keep up with all those awesome blogs out there!